Maple syrup diet
- All meals on the Maple Syrup Diet are replaced by a drink made from:
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 tablespoon chili powder or ginger powder (to enhance the metabolism)
- 300 ml of hot or cold water.
The ingredients are beaten until a homogeneous mixture is obtained. During the day, 6 to 12 glasses (2 to 4 liters) of this drink should be consumed. No other foods should be taken during the maple syrup diet. If necessary, you can drink a glass of mint tea or water. The diet is followed for 10 days, but it is possible to reduce it to 6-7 if difficulties arise.
Nutrition is extremely important in order not to regain the lost kilos and worsen the conditions of the digestive system.
Start with easily digestible foods (fruits and fruit juices, vegetable soups, raw or stewed vegetables, soy products) in small portions.
Avoid sugar and sugary products, red meat, fried foods and pasta, and alcohol. They strain the digestive system, slow down the metabolism and lead to the accumulation of fat.
Important: if you suffer from chronic diseases, consult a doctor before starting the diet!
See also The Paleo Diet